Friday, August 20, 2010

Westie Skin Problem?

My Westie has a history of dermatitis, primarily on her back and on her vulva. While not totally gone, we've gotten it under control. I thought she was doing really well until a few minutes ago I noticed her tail had a bald spot and it looked like she had some dermatitis there.





Obviously, I plan on taking her to the vet as soon as I can get it, but is there anything I can do for her now? Luckily she doesn't seem to be in pain or itchy.





I think I am going to wash her tail with her medicated shampoo and put on a topical anti histamine.





She eats very high quality, holistic, food. Plenty of viatmins and flax seed.





What else can I do for her?

Westie Skin Problem?
I have a westie too and she has skin problems of her own. I think washing her tail w/ medicated shampoo and applying topical anti-histamines are great ideas. I can't think of anything else that you should do for her. I think you are already a pro.


No comments:

Post a Comment