Monday, August 23, 2010

What are these red blotches on my skin?

I just noticed them yesterday as I was eating McDonald's. It's been awhile since I've eaten from McDonald's - could that have been the cause of it? Also I just recently got my wisdom teeth removed (about a week ago) and I've been taking demerol (for like the first 3-4 days which I started on July 19) and antibiotics (since July 19 and ended yesterday). I was outside for a good portion of the day (for about four hours) and it wasn't until the third to fourth hour that I noticed the spots. They itched a litttle when I first noticed them, but now that I put lotion on it - it's not itchy. Also my hands seem itchy too, and strangely dry at the same time.





I've provided some pics:





http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Ar...


http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Ar...


http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Ar...





I doubt that it's from my deodorant considering there were some blotches on my hand and arm.





So what could it be? What could'

What are these red blotches on my skin?
You have hives. It could be an allergic reaction to your medications, or an interaction with the sun and your meds. Stay out of the sun, and treat the hives by taking an antihistamine (oral or cream but NOT BOTH) and put some gel that's for sunburns on it (it's usually green or blue). The gel helps numb it, and helps to dry it up. Any tightness in the chest or throat or difficulty breathing then you will need to get to the ER ASAP.
Reply:its prob. a reaction to the demerol. sometimes one can kind of break out in a heat rash when taking a pain killer usually containing hydrocodon or codine such as vicodin, tylenol 3, percocet..etc.


-What are the possible side effects of Demerol?


• If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Demerol and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:


· an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives);


· slow, weak breathing;


· seizures;


· cold, clammy skin;


· severe weakness or dizziness; or


· unconsciousness.


if you have been taking this medication for at least 5 days do not stop cold turkey because it can cause withdrawls so you need to steadily lower your dose every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment