Friday, July 23, 2010

I have a group of very itchy bumps on the back of BOTH of my calves for 5 months, what is this ?

the bumps seem to be where my hair folicle resides and the bumps arent red until i scratch, they are the color of my skin. Also it seems to spread a little to my schin and arround my leg. the bumps are only visible and feelable when i scratch unless i rub really hard accross them then i can feel them under my skin. Its not a plant or allergic reaction so i dont know how to treat it.... i put so lotrimin ultra to check and see if it was a fungus but to no avail....also some cortizone cream and that only made it burn...some help??? i am also on antibiotic penacillin and a joint medication consisting of chondroitin and glucosimine if that means nething...some help???!!! P.S. i am 17 years old with no prior health concerns or problems

I have a group of very itchy bumps on the back of BOTH of my calves for 5 months, what is this ?
Sweetie, no one, not even a doctor, can tell you what is going on without seeing these bumps. Please make an appointment with a dermatologist and get real medical help instead of spending a fortune and wasting time trying to treat it yourself. A visit to the dermatologist may bring about a very rapid end to your bumps.
Reply:Hey, gurl--


Are you using a different shaving cream for your legs, or a different razor--or a new depilitory? Something has changed and you are having a reaction to it.





The fact that it has gone on this long means that you are sensitive to something in your environment. What about laundry detergent? Has that changed, do you wear long pants washed in it? When this happened to me, it was a patch below the elbows that was driving me crazy. Finally, we nailed it down to the fact that it was Winter, I was wearing long sleeves and had changed to a new detergent and it was the culprit. When I changed back, the itchy patches went away.





So many things could be causing your problem but the real detective should be a doctor.





Don't keep worrying and guessing, go to a doctor and get some relief!!


No comments:

Post a Comment