Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Skin issue on my breast...?

I am a 15, nearly 16 year old girl and my breasts are a size 34E. On my right areola (never the left) there is a constant rash that is sometimes a sore or a crusty inflamed area for about 8 months.





I've been to my doctor about it, for which I was prescribed an eczema cream (which he believes it is.) It worked for about 2 weeks but it hasn't worked since then, it just coming back.





It's extremely sore and can be itchy. I am convinced it's not eczema though because even when I do not itch it it turns into a weeping cut regardless.





My best friend and I were discussing it and she said a friend's friend who was 22 had the exact same symptoms and was diagnosed with Paget's disease of the breast. I have researched this and it is just like my symptoms. Which has worried me, although I am very young for breast cancer. I want to talk to my doctor about it but I'm going with my mum so I'll feel stupid.


I don't know what to do, am i being silly or could I be right?





Please help me!!!

Skin issue on my breast...?
You could be right. Also take a look at inflammatory breast cancer. Sometimes it exhibits as a rash or weird texture, and not a lump like "normal" breast cancer. You're not being silly. You know your body better than anyone else and if it feels more serious than eczema, it probably is. It's better to INSIST on a more definitive diagnosis than wait for a crappy doctor to say "oh maybe you were right" when it might get more serious.
Reply:The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. And if you don't want to discuss this in front of your mom you can ask her to leave the room. Even if she is in the room express your concerns to your doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment